
I know it makes me sound old when I say "Can you believe how fast the summer has gone by". But I'm saying it anyway. I was kind of dreading summer because my kids were going to be off for 3 weeks longer that what I'm used to, but it still went by fast. Kaylee was thrilled to go back to school and Gavin is already counting down the days until they go off track again.
The weekend before school started, a few of my friends and I went on a girls trip to St. George. The first night we went to the Elvis Cirq Show in Vegas. I loved the dancing and the music and the footage they showed of that hunky man, but I have to say I was a little put off by the last number. All of the dancers, men and women, were dressed up in jumpsuits and were wearing some crazy plastic Ken doll looking hair. I am a fan of Elvis impersonaters of all kinds, old Elvis, young Elvis, you name it. But I really have to draw the line at Elvis with real boobs. Man boobs I can handle, but real ones? Come on now. Anyway, on Saturday the girls and I hung out at the pool and watched crappy TV for a while, then went to dinner at a cute Italian place and to see The Help. "You is good, you is kind, you is important" sniff sniff.
It was a great and much needed getaway. I came back feeling like maybe I could make it through the day without hurting anyone.
Last Tuesday was the 100 Monkeys concert. My friend Cassie won a meet and greet with the boys and we felt pretty stinking special to be able to go with her. It was quick, but they are so nice and cute. I really wore the wrong shoes that night and after standing for an unspeakable amount of time in them, I thought I might never recover. Thankfully I am finally walking almost normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment