Today I am using my blog as an outlet for my complaints. No cheery "look at what the kids are doing now", or "look what fun things we did over the weekend". Trust me, you wouldn't want to see pictures of how their time has been occupied over the last couple weeks.
Ben and I came down with the worst stomach flu EVER right after the baby came down with it. Nothing is worse than switching between which end of your body needs the toilet while your baby is crying because he just threw up and/or crapped all over the place. Poor little guy had to go to the doctor a couple of times and to the hospital for blood work. Thankfully he is finally doing better.
We now have to replace our washer and dryer because of all the laundry we've done from all the bodily functions that didn't make it into a diaper or the bathroom. Our dryer started screaming in protest of having to be used so much, and the washer gave up on the spin cycle almost completely.
Gavin spent all of Friday night crying, screaming, and moaning because his eye and head hurt. Being the sensitive creature that I am, I kept telling him to cry quieter, or to moan into a pillow to muffle the sound. Sadly that didn't work and Ben took him to the doctor early Saturday morning. The doc didn't have an answer or solution for us so he sent us home with some anti-nausea medication as a consolation prize. On Monday we found out he has strep throat. Awesome. After 2 days of antibiotics, he's still not better, so his story is to be continued.
Yesterday I was really looking forward to being able to work. I have missed so many hours because of being sick myself and various other doctor appointments and I really don't want to get canned. I was also looking forward to a quiet house with no distractions. Gavin was home, but I figured he would be low maintenanace. At 11:00 I got a call from the school. Never a good sign. Kaylee wanted me to come pick her up because she had a tummy ache. I asked her if she could just try taking a dump, but apparently that attempt had already been made with no success. I took her to school late today because she's starting to feel better, but we'll see. I turned the ringer off my phone just in case.
I can tell that all these days of being cooped up, cleaning up gross stuff, wiping snotty noses, doing laundry, lysol-ing the entire house, paying countless copays and perscription costs, listening to moans and groans, and feeling totally helpless have really started to affect me. Yesterday, I found myself engrossed in a bag of chips that I don't really like. I found the wrappers to some emergency chocolate I had stashed in my underwear drawer, and I don't really remember eating it. Last nigt, I busted myself eating Life cereal and popcorn at 11:00 pm.
I'm hoping that whatever bugs or germs have attached themselves to my family will leave soon. My sanity and waistband can't stand it much longer. In the meantime, I will spend what little free time I have daydreaming about being on a beach somewhere far away...
4 comments:
Sorry.... so glad it is at your house and not mine! I really do hope things get better soon!
We went through the same thing about a month ago. I had two kids barfing in the same toilet and me in the other bathroom barfing in that one. It was a nightmare!! Good Luck, hope you all feel better soon!
Thanks for sharing! It is literally the worst thing in the world when everyone gets this crap! Feel better, but let me know when you are ready to run away to the beach...I can have a bag packed in 1 minute!!
ok. A- That sucks! B- That really blows, and C- Can I come to the beach with you??
Post a Comment