
Have you ever wondered where the term "Baby Shower" came from? Why not just say "baby party" or "you're going to need so much new crap that we feel a little sorry for you so we're going to get together and have a party"... On second thought, Baby Shower sounds a lot better.
Anyway, my family threw a Baby Shower for me and Daxton at my mom's house on Saturday. There were some super cute decorations and wicked good chineese chicken salad along with my brother and sister in law's famous egg rolls. We played a game with songs that all had the word "baby" in them, and then another one where you have to figure out what kind of chocolate bar has been melted into a diaper. After having two and a half kids, I didn't think there was much that could gross me out, but I was so wrong.
I wanted to put a shout out to my work-friends for having a shower for me at my favorite restaurant Lorena's, and my since-elementary-and-high-school-friends for having one for me the day after at my next favorite restaurant, Robintino's. I brought my camera with me to both events, but apparently it works a lot better if you actually take it out of the case and use it. I'll know for next time!
1 comment:
I want some more salad please!
Post a Comment